EMCOZ was formed in 1980 as a non-segregative organisation representing employer organisations and businesses from all sectors of the economy.
“To be a world-class umbrella body that fosters a conducive, vibrant and sustainable economic environment in Zimbabwe”.
“EMCOZ is an inclusive, unifying and representative body that advocates for a productive, harmonious and prosperous economic environment for all through:
- Effectively engaging and influencing policy decisions affecting the business community
- Providing efficient, relevant professional and quality service to business for sustainable growth and development.
- Ensuring that government and other stakeholders understand and appreciate the role and the contribution of business in the Zimbabwean economy
- Through the above, to become the ultimate voice of business in Zimbabwe”
- To promote and protect the interests of employers in Zimbabwe
- To set out national policies, practices and standards on labour, employment and other related socio-economic issues
- To foster a working relationship with the trade unions that will promote joint representation to government in areas of mutual concern
- To assist employers to have multi-skilled personnel capable of:
- profit maximisation
- productivity improvement and
- quality production
- To provide leadership in the provision of advisory and consultancy services on labour and employment matters, including:-
- Collective Bargaining
- Environmental Management
- Drafting Employment Codes of Conduct
- Termination of employment and
- Quality and productivity improvement