The internship will be for a minimum period of one (1) month and a maximum period of three (3) months. There is no expectation of full-time employment after the internship ends.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In collaboration with the Tripartite Communications Task Team, develop a draft annual communication plan for 2019,
• Update the design of the website, generate content (human interest and economic analysis) and upload key reports on issues relating to the world of work
• Identify low investment high impact communication campaigns to further the business agenda in Zimbabwe,
• Regularly monitor the media environment in the country, region and globally and compile a weekly report of opportunities and threats that may exist,
• Train secretariat and its members on the use of social media, website updates and use of handheld devises,
• Develop, maintain, and communicate regularly a calendar of events relating to the business agenda.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors and/or master degree in Communication, Media, Information Systems or other relevant area.
• 1 Year experience in website development.
• Ability to curate social media accounts.
• Superior writing and editing skills in English
Interested individuals must submit their Curriculum vitae and one page cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 October 2018. Include the following reference in the subject of the email “Communications Intern 2018”. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.